March 2, 2012

For the Love of Quatrefoil | Spring Wreath

I don't remember exactly when my love affair with quatrefoil began. I just know it is going strong. If you aren't exactly sure what quatrefoil is, I am sure you are in good company. You can find the entire rundown on Wikipedia, but in short it's an architectural design stemming from Gothic roots. I was in quatrefoil heaven on our trip to Venice. It was beautiful and it was abundant.


Quatrefoil at the Doge's Palace in Venice
Unfortunately, quatrefoil is not abundantly available in the world of home decor. I am very okay with that. It means I have to be a little more creative, but it also means my home is that much more unique.

As I was planning out my spring decor, I searched out quatrefoil accessories. In my quest, I found this awesome tutorial on making a quatrefoil wreath!
http://tatertotsandjello.com/2010/06/quatrefoil-wreath-tutorial.html

I finally got a little free time to play today and I put together this wreath. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. The colors invoke thoughts of spring and the shape also hints at St. Patty's Day just around the corner.