April 23, 2012

Embracing Change

My family and I just returned from the most amazing vacation. I feel immensely blessed for the opportunities we have had. While on vacation, I had a lot of time to think and reflect on various aspects of my life. This is what I realized.

The most important part of my life is my family. Taking care of my family, teaching my children and caring for our home consumes 80% of my time and energy. And while I don't have a lot of leftover time and energy, there is SO much I would like to do during that time.

I thought about this blog a lot. Writing and sharing here is something I truly enjoy. I sort of used the weekly decluttering as a jumping point for my blog, but that is not what I wanted this blog to be about. I wholeheartedly love the idea of decluttering and I still try to do it every week. Posting about it here kept me accountable and I am thankful for that. What I was not crazy about was the extra time involved in taking before and after pictures, editing them and uploading them each week. As I mentioned before, there are a lot of things I'd like to do with my extra time.

I'm going to put myself out there and share some of my craziest dreams. At some point in my life, I would love nothing more than to be a decorating consultant. I want to help people realize the home of their dreams in the easiest, most inexpensive way possible. I have a passion for home decor. I have a passion for warm, welcoming spaces that embrace our families and make us feel good.

When I started this blog, I wanted it to be the beginning of bringing that dream to life. And that is what I am taking it back to now. Sharing design tips and tricks, posting pictures of my homes, helping others with their homes... that is where I am going. I hope you will join me on my journey!



~ I still truly believe it is near impossible to have a warm, welcoming home when you have a lot of clutter. I strongly encourage you to continue the weekly decluttering by following Beth's calendar at My Simpler Life. It has helped me and I know it will help you! ~