January 31, 2013

For the love of French soaps.

 
I found this amazing dish at IKEA about a year ago. I knew I needed it for our master bath, but was stumped with what to do with it.
 

Enter Provençal soaps.
 
 
How unbelievably blessed I am to have spent a week in Provence last spring with my family. We visited the local markets on a daily basis.

 
The first market we went to was in L'isle-sur-la-Sorgue. It was there we found the most lovely soaps from Marseilles. They were so inexpensive. I wish I would have bought more. I keep hoping they will be featured at a local bazaar.
 
 
If you do not happen to find yourself in Provence, you should be able to find lovely unwrapped soaps at any natural foods store or local market in your area. For extra special, extra lovely soaps with a cause, check out The Poppy Soap Company. Lindy makes all her soaps with certified organic materials and for every bar you purchase, she will donate a bar to your local women's shelter. How amazing is that?