January 28, 2013

Our Homes Past and Present | Grand Forks

 
Ah, North Dakota. It's certainly a place I never thought I'd end up living, but I loved it there. We made some great connections and enjoyed the quiet pace of life.
 
 
Because of my husband's job, we had to live on base. I would have to say we certainly lucked out with our home.

 
When we moved here, I switched up my decorative accessories to a pretty blue. You can see that in the curtains as well as the pillows, throw and other accessories.
 
 
The living room and formal dining room were connected, so the blue spilled into each room.


In the kitchen, I was still favoring the cranberry accessories along with some mustard colored accents.
 



 
In the family room I embraced full on red, though this didn't last too terribly long. I eventually tossed the slipcovers to reveal our denim colored sofa and love seat. The red accessories, however, stayed the duration.


 This is our school + play area just next to the family room. I loved this little space. Our kids did, too. My favorite thing of this area was the red curtain rods and the smocked curtains. (Still have them. Still love them.) 

 
We had a nice little half bath off the front hallway.

 
Kate's sweet little room is still a favorite of mine. I loved all the lavender items my mother in law made by hand for us.

 
Claire's room is still super sweet as well. This one was nice and cozy.
 
 
The girls' shared bathroom. It was very spacious and lovely in steel blue with sage accents.

 
The master bath was awesomely large. We loved all the counter space.
 
And somehow, I have not been able to find any pictures of our guest bedroom or the master. If and when I do, I will be back to post them. I am loving seeing how the overall feel of our home has changed with just a few different colored accessories. Hope you enjoyed the tour!!