February 14, 2014

Facelift Fridays

Today I am introducing a new feature on the blog: Facelift Fridays. I love rescuing dilapidated pieces and turning them into a lovely treasure.{also, I like alliteration} It astonishes me that paint, some new hardware and lots of love can provide such a transformation.


A few weeks ago, I found two of these nightstands at a garage sale. I was able to see past the hunter green and dated custom painting. These tables have great bones and are of solid construction. Those qualities are most important when rescuing furniture. The facade can easily be fixed.





I painted the majority of the piece in creamy white chalk paint. It's no secret how I feel about whites, grays, and the whole range of neutral colors.


For the drawer and the laurel wreath, I used a soft gray chalk paint. 



Instead of a handle, there were only screws in the drawer. I added a basic cup handle in brushed bronze.


The difference is amazing.


 The end result is a super versatile, lovely table that can be used almost anywhere.