June 30, 2014

Destination Organization | Finishing up with the master bath!



I had intended to finish with my master bath last week, but life got in the way. You know what? That is okay! I am guessing life may have gotten in the way for you too. We are all in this together.

Today I am offering one final task for the master bath: grouping your items together in like categories. That may look different for everyone. Here are some examples:


  • Things needed on a daily basis (i.e. contact solution, deodorant, toothpaste & toothbrush, hair brush, etc)
  • Make up
  • First aid
  • Medications
  • Extras (when you have room to stock up on extra bottles of toiletries)
  • Facial care
  • Nail care (and LOTS of nail polish, if you are like me!)
  • Travel items
  • Cosmetic bags 
  • Lotions & shower gels
  • Essential oils & accessories
  • Perfumes, body oils, body splash

Everyone has a different set up in their bathroom. We are fortunate to have quite a large linen closet in addition to three large drawers and under the counter space. I encourage you to organize your items in baskets, boxes, bags of your choosing and then place them where it makes most sense. Things my husband and I use on a daily basis are  kept in the drawers of our vanity for easy access. Thing we use less frequently are kept in the linen closet. 

You do NOT have to spend a lot of money on these containers. In fact, I'd be willing to bet a lot of you have quite a few containers in your home already that you could use. If not, take one for the team and make a quick trip to Walmart for super cheap, convenient white plastic baskets. They are perfect. If you want to spend a little more for prettier containers, I support you 100%. Having things organized in a visually pleasing manner will encourage you to keep it that way. 

 I will be posting pictures of my purged and organized bath by the end of the week. I would LOVE to see some of yours as well.