January 20, 2013

20 Bags in 20 Days | An Organizational Challenge for YOU!


In my last post, I shared my thoughts on breaking down the clutter in your home. I also shared a great resource to declutter in 2013. Maybe you are looking for a smaller commitment? Maybe you don't have a ton of decluttering to do, but could still use a bit of a refresher. That is where I stand. So, I've come up with this: 20 bags in 20 days. It's not an original idea. I believe the first suggestion was 40 bags in 40 days and I've seen all sorts of numbers in between. I looked at my calendar. I assessed the needs in my home. I realized this could all be done in time for the beginning of Lent. Just imagine: a clear, clean home in time for all the wonderful reflection of the season. I'm excited about it.

So, here's what you do.
1. Grab a trash bag.
2. Go to your designated spot.
3. Set a timer for 15 minutes. Just 15 minutes.
4. Clean out and clear out!
5. Take that bag to the trash, the thrift shop, your neighbor's house... wherever. Just get it out.
6. Sit back, relax, enjoy less stuff.


PS - This is a list I personalized for the needs in my own home. I'm sharing with you all in order to give you an idea of what may need to be done in your home.
PPS - Yes, I do need FOUR days to concentrate on our school closet.