September 28, 2014

Facelift Friday | Chippy Desk

I am late again with my Friday facelift! I am going to have to be better about that. This week I got to work with the most lovely desk. I knew when I saw it that it was suited for two colors. Of course, one of those was going to be Ironstone, but I thought a bit about the second color.



After checking out Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint lookbook, I decided on Shutter Gray. It is the perfect mix of gray and blue. To me, it is the quintessential French country color. 

This was the first piece I did that had a larger amount of peeling and chipping all on it's own. A few of the drawers did not chip at all, so I used a heat tool to encourage more chipping. I think it turned out rather well.


Unfortunately, I was in such a hurry to finish this piece that I didn't get near the amount of photos I wanted to. I am thankful for the photos I did manage to get though. 


This last photo was taken in my booth at Old Time Antiques. If you are in the Florida panhandle, I highly recommend checking it out.