September 22, 2014

September Darlings



I've been working on developing new content for my blog that isn't solely furniture painting and room makeovers. I will absolutely still be including both of these, but I am adding a few things as well. One new feauture will be a monthly selection of my favorite things. These favorites, which I call my "darlings," are things I currently own, use, or have on my wish list. I hope my monthly darlings inspire you.

Hot off the press is Miss Mustard Seed's first look book for her milk paint line. I was ecstatic to find this at my local milk paint vendor. This book feels and reads like a magazine, but it is chock full of milk paint expert tips and tricks. Each color in the line is highlighted in two full spreads. I would seriously buy it for the photos alone. It is highly inspiring.

I have purchased these pumpkins from Paula in the past and I cannot say enough good things about them. Paula is an organic farmer in Montana. (She also grows lavender!) She carefully selects pumpkins that are attractive and look well together. They arrive clean and ready for display. I cannot wait to receive my shipment this year!

My family and I started using essential oils in January and we have been so pleased with the results they achieve. I feel good about using natural remedies for my children. Thieves blend is awesome because it smells like autumn. But the best part is the immune boosting properties it has. We have been diffusing this daily in our home lately.

4. Anthropologie Black Etched Bowls
Sadly, there is no link for these gorgeous bowls. I stumbled upon one at the Anthro in Birmingham last month and I snagged it. I asked if there were any more in store, but there were not. I've since acquired two more thanks to eBay, but I am on the lookout for more. I love the intricate black and white detailing on the outside and the subtle blue ombre on the inside. Our dishes are white and I love the contrast these bowls add to our kitchen.

This is one of those things that is simply on my wish list. I have read excellent reviews of Tourance throws and I am dying to try one out for myself. This oversize gray throw is discontinued, but I have seen it on One King's Lane from time to time. A cozy throw is a definite must as the cooler weather approaches!

6. L'oreal Gel Lacque in "Elegance is Innate"
You can find this awesome nail polish at any big box store. I picked mine up at Target. I absolutely love this system. Not only does it last for nearly two weeks (and that is with my painting, sanding, staining, etc), it goes on easily and dries super quickly. That is a must for me. This blue is a sophisticated navy perfect for fall. I can't get enough.