February 27, 2015

Facelift Friday | Bulletin Board Upcycle





How many times have you seen something like this at a garage sale or thrift shop and passed it up?



 I found a rather large one at a local thrift shop for $1 and I could not pass it up. It sat in my garage for a long time as I pondered what to do with it. {and worked on a ton of other projects!}


I finally stumbled upon this blog post by Chelsea at two twenty one and fell in love with the idea.



I had the perfect black and white stripe fabric that I picked up at IKEA this past fall. I used spray adhesive to attach the fabric to the bulletin board and then secured it with upholstery tacks I picked up at a big box craft store. The only thing I did different then Chelsea was to separate the tacks a bit more.



I simply used the wood frame as a guide for where to place the tacks.


I love how chic it turned out. I think it looks fantastic vertical or horizontal.


And I took this a step further! The upholstery tacks are a bit longer than regular push pins, and I worried about them sticking out on the backside. So, I found a lovely black trim to cover the back.


Voila! A reversible bulletin board!!


This is such an easy and inexpensive project. Keep your eyes open for bulletin boards this weekend!!