January 4, 2012

One Little Word :: It's Not a Resolution

I am very excited to be joining Ali Edwards in her One Little Word class. Rather than making any resolutions in the new year, I am choosing one little word to represent everything I am striving for. You can read more about Ali's class here. It's not too late to join in!

Throughout the year, I hope to share with you some of my documentation in relation to my one little word. This year I chose the word "discipline."


There are so many aspects of my life that could use a little shot of discipline. And of course, there are some parts of my life that need a lot of it. When I really stop and think about it, I realize most of the things I currently desire for myself and my family can be attained relatively easily... if I exercise self-control, i.e. discipline. If you know me, you know that self-control and discipline are not words that would describe who I currently am. This year, I hope to change that.


The photos above are of my title page and introduction photo. The overlays and digital content used on my photos and cardstock are exclusive to Ali's class. The page protector is from Becky Higgins' Project Life collection. I just trimmed it down with my paper trimmer to accomodate the 4x6 size of my title page on one side and photo on the other. I'll slip it right into my album with the other pages for a nice layered effect. Throughout the year, I will be sharing with you the album progress of my One Little Word. Thank you for sharing my journey. Welcome, 2012!