October 24, 2011

mes choses préférées | Fall Edition

Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. While many people find Spring rejuvenating, I have always felt that extra pep in the later part of the year. Of course, with the change of seasons, there are many new products to scoop up and enjoy. Here are a few of my favorite things; mes choses préférées.




1. Ali Edwards Halloween Mini Book class. I cannot say enough about Ali's self paced classes. I love her style, her creativity and her approach to memory keeping. I am going to adapt this class to doing a Fall Mini Book. You can find more information on Ali's Halloween Mini Book class here.

2. Fresh Sugar Honey Tinted Lip Treatment. This lip balm is packed with essential oils that work wonders on your kisser and smell divine. You can't go wrong with several shades to choose from. You can find it at your local Sephora or here.

3. Essie Nail Lacquer in Lady Like. This color is perfection. It's a nice mix between a demure pink, the perfect nude and a hint of plum. I am determined to keep it on most of the fall. Essie can be found at most box stores. I got mine at Target.

4. Longchamps Le Pliage Large Shopper in navy. Okay, this is a total splurge. However, I must confess I got a special deal on it. In Germany, there is a French exchange and commissary of sorts. They call it the "Economat." A group of girlfriends and I made the trek to our closest French installation to check it out. Among the French cheeses and wines, there was also a stock of Longchamps. We were stoked. I picked up the large shopper in navy. I felt it was perfect for fall. I am sure I will be making a trip back for a spring bag. If you aren't lucky enough to live in Europe, you can find Longchamps Le Pliage line at Nordstrom.

5. Simple Shoes Sunny Side Loafers in black. These are the most comfortable loafers I have come across to date. I've worn them shopping and sight seeing around Europe. They use egg crate in the sole and it is amazing! Another thing I love about these shoes is they are super eco friendly. They are made with organic cotton, eco-certified leather and even recycled car tires! I got mine at Piperlime, but they are also available directly from Simple Shoes here.

6. Leather Bangles by Amy Fine. I might have a minor obsession with these bangles. I lucked out and got a voucher on Heartsy for Amy's shop. So far, I have these bangles in bamboo yellow and deep plum. {pictured} You can find Amy's to die for bangles in an assortment of colors here.